Written for fashion design, apparel, and patternmaking students and professionals, this step-by-step guide to draping fabric on a dress form teaches skills and techniques needed to develop creative patterns. The Art of Fashion Draping, 5th Edition, is organized from basic to advanced projects and includes a wide variety of styles--from the basic bodice to bias-cut gowns. More than 1400 two-color illustrations reflect current designs and visually spell out every step of the draping process.
New to This Edition
- Step-by-step draping instructions and clear line drawings highlighting each draping step
- Checklists to evaluate and analyze designs
- Cross-referencing of techniques across chapters
- New user-friendly lay-flat binding makes the book easier to use while draping garments
- Added intermediate and advanced design variations that integrate contemporary designs with time-tested classics such as a new off-shoulder sleeve design and peplum design
- Now includes metric measurements within the chapter instructions
- Enhanced chapters include: Additional explanation on how to finish off flounce edges, added waistband sections at the end of the skirt and pants chapters and illustrating practice items end of each chapter.